Indoor Environmental Systems, LLC Gary Ream
Having a desire to provide our clients a safer, cleaner environment, we chose the NORMI Certified Mold Inspector program for our training. We understand mold and where to look to find it. The NORMI Certified Mold Inspector program techniques are used as the standard for developing an accurate evaluation of the indoor air quality of an environment.
We understand how to differentiate between "Sanitization" and "Remediation" so that you, the consumer, can be correctly directed toward the proper solution to your Indoor Air Quality issues.
We offer prompt dependable service within a 100-mile area for all of your mold and indoor air quality needs. With the new NORMI Healthier Home Monitoring and Warranty programs, you can be sure that your home or office is safer and cleaner for you and your family.
We look forward to serving you and are confident you will be pleased you chose us. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Realizing that our nation's indoor air environments and drinking water sources are at risk, NORMI is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the indoor living environment through educating the public and training professionals to identify problems and offer solutions to improve indoor air and drinking water quality.
NORMI's goal is to be the nation's premier certifying agency for indoor air quality and drinking water professionals by providing the very best education, training, and support to enhance awareness of problems and solutions that benefit public health.
You can be confident that our listed members are fully trained and qualified to assess your issues and resolve them thoroughly for the health of you and your family.
Code of Ethics
This CODE of ETHICS was developed by the Board of Directors on Friday, October 1, 2004 in an effort to solidify the NORMI.org commitment to integrity, honesty, and quality to the public and it's membership.
NORMI Members Duty to the Public
- The NORMI Member shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow all the standards of this code.
- The NORMI Member will not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the IAQ/Mold industry.
- The NORMI Member shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
- The NORMI Member will not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or handicap and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
- The NORMI Member shall be truthful regarding his/her services & qualifications.
- The NORMI Member will have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client.
- The NORMI Member will not communicate any information to anyone except the client without the prior written consent of the client, except where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
- The NORMI Member shall always act in the interest of the client, unless doing so violates a law, statute, or this Code of Ethics.
- The NORMI Member shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services, and fees.
- The NORMI Member shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where he/she conducts business.
- The NORMI Member will not make performance claims in regards to recommended products which violate the claims of the manufacturer. In no case will medical or health claims be made either verbally or in writing that exceed the approved printed and documented claims of the manufacturer.
- The NORMI Member shall, for all products used in the course of their profession, follow the manufacturer's instruction for use, application directions, and/or safety guidelines.
- The NORMI Member understands that the use of logos, trademarks, and/or copyrighted materials is strictly prohibited except by permission as the law prescribes.
NORMI Members Duty to the Profession and NORMI.org
- The NORMI Member will strive to improve the IAQ/Mold Industry by sharing his/her lessons and/or experiences for the benefit of all. This does not preclude the Inspector from copyrighting or marketing his/her expertise to other Inspectors or the public in any manner permitted by law.
- The NORMI Member shall assist the NORMI leadership in disseminating and publicizing the benefits of NORMI membership.
- The NORMI Member will refrain from attempting to solicit potential business partners away from fellow-NORMI members. By respecting each others time and efforts in the expansion process, internal conflicts will be avoided. Any violation of this rule will result in immediate termination of NORMI membership without review.
- The NORMI Member will not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging, seditious, or destructive to NORMI, fellow NORMI members, NORMI employees, leadership or directors. Member(s) accused of acting or deemed in violation of such rules shall be reviewed by the Ethics committee for possible sanctions and/or expulsion from NORMI.
Top Ten Tips to Avoid Structural Mold from Flooding
A few simple steps can save property owners thousands of dollars of damage due to structural mold growth... more
A Dozen DOs & DON'Ts for a Healthy Flood Cleanup
To ensure a healthy flood cleanup, identify the tasks you can do yourself and then locate qualified... more
Bleach does not kill mold!
A well-known expert, when interviewed on a local New Orleans radio station, recently said, "When you have... more